Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bayou Wars 2012!


It's June down here in New Orleans and that means, amoung other things, time for Bayou Wars! I missed out on attending last year so I am really looking forward to a weekend of gaming goodness with friends. I will be focusing on board games this year with the intent of playing several games I actually own but never seem to have the time to play. I will add some daily recap posts here at the Dojo over the weekend, so look out for them. Games in particular I am looking to play are Arkham Horror, Talisman, Tannhauser, Lords of Waterdeep, Okko, Power Grid, Chaos in the Old World, Castle Ravenloft, Puerto Rico, Battle Lore, and perhaps Shadows Over Camelot.

I will also be debuting a "secret" game I thought looked good and will do a review of sometime after the convention. Of course, I will have the usual suspects of miniature games with me: HORDES, Freebooter's Fate, Malifaux and Heavy Gear Blitz!

I also am looking forward to playing one of the Two Hour Wargames hosted by Mr. Ken Hafer, hopefully the 5150 game. Uncharted Seas (and hopefully Dystopian Wars) is also on the To Do list. Finally, I may even check out one of the WWII historical games. Not sure which one yet, though Flames of War looks like a good choice.

Anyways, if you are in the area this weekend, stop by and check out all the fun to be had at Bayou Wars 2012!

Convention information can be found on the link below:

The Josesph G. Lacour Memorial Bayou Wars Convention

Strength and Honor,

-Wicked

1 comment: