Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Fourth of July to Remember...

I had a great day celebrating the birth of our nation by spending time with my family. Everyone met at my brother's house and we enjoyed a delicious barbecue, beer, and swimming in the pool on a very hot day. Before the party was over, Britt and I played a game of Memoir '44. He played the Allied Forces attempting to storm Sword Beach while I took command of the Axis powers and tried to repel the invaders. However, my defense was short lived, as my left flank collapsed under his unrelenting Armor and Infantry assault and he quickly turned the tide of battle. While the dominating presence of my twin 88s Artillery in the center forced him to the right flank, my own Tiger tanks were not enough to repress his advance there, and soon my right flank fell as well. He was able to clear a path to the occupied towns and claim a Victory for Allies on D-Day.


I was very happy to get a chance to play a board game with my brother. We play online FPS games a lot together, such as the Call of Duty series and Battlefield 3, but we do not get to play "analog" games all that often. Hobby gaming is more my thing, though Britt is an accomplished Fantasy Football mastermind. A few weeks ago we did play a game of Magic: The Gathering with a Duel deck I happened to have with me, but mostly our gaming kinship is through the Xbox. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, but I appreciated his willingness to play one of "my" games. In fact, I think it was the first time he and I have ever played one of my hobby games. It was really fun and very cool to play with him. I'm just glad he enjoyed it, as he said he wants to play again. But next time, we will up the ante with a more challenging scenario!

So thanks Britt for making this year's 4th of July truly memorable for me!

Strength and Honor

-Wicked





No comments:

Post a Comment