Wednesday, August 22, 2012

D&D: Kalistryx and the Council of Spiders!

After a year of Dungeon Mastering D&D Encounters, I will be stepping down and playing as a character in the upcoming Encounters season, Council of Spiders. I will be playing a female Drow Hexblade (or Feyblade, as mine is more commonly known) named Kalistryx. However, she has a lot to prove!


My Most Esteemed Matron Baenre, 

It is with a disappointing heart that I write thee of my youngest daughter, Kalistryx. Her lack of prowess and ability as an acolyte Priestess of Lolth is most disconcerting. I did have high hopes that Kalistryx would follow in my footsteps, but that is not to be. Still, through some means of which she will not confess, Lolth has seen fit to bestow upon her some skill of that which may be still of use to you. It has become evident that Kali does indeed possess some arcane power, though its manifestation is quite...beneath a daughter of House Baenre. In simple terms, Kalistryx has embraced the powers of the warlock, and seems determined to prove her worth. I know not from where, but she has aquired a totem of power that summons to her a fiendish imp. Dreanix she calls him, and he seems to be the conduit for Lolth’s blessings. But her time has come. I shall not have a daughter of mine dally with such base magics without confirming she is worthy of Lolth’s graces. 

To this, I ask of thee, leave to set her upon a quest. A trial to prove her worth to Lolth, House Baenre, and to herself. It has come to my attention rumors are spreading within the City of a shift in power. As one Menzoberranzan’s founding families and ruling House, I find it an essential imperative to investigate and substantiate any such threats to you or our House’s position within the City. Normally, I would assign such preliminary tasks to one of our men or trusted slave, but in this case, in fact, I feel this would be an ample opportunity for Kali to prove to herself and to House Baenre she is worthy of her lineage. Should she fail in this, I will see her put to death. 

I humbly await your wisdom and guidance in this matter. 

Until then, your faithful and devoted daughter I remain, 

Andruzhun 

Kalistryx of House Baenre

No comments:

Post a Comment